This Is What To Do If You Are Coming To Church Instead Of Watching From Home:
1. RSVP for the service on Breeze. You must RSVP.
2. When you arrive at church, check-in at the check-in desk and have your temperature taken. If your temperature registers at 100 or more, you’ll be sent home. It would be really helpful if you did not arrive before 9:30 so we can have volunteers in place.
3. You will be ushered to a socially distanced spot either in the sanctuary, or once at capacity, the parish hall. Please do not complain if you are seated in the parish hall. The sanctuary will be first come first serve. People should not come to church earlier than 9:30.
4. Make sure you always wear a mask and always maintain at least 6 feet of distance from other people not in your group.
Pastor Tom and Pastor Steve along with the Church Planning Council have been working together on a fall schedule that will begin on Sunday, September 20th. This plan has been put together with prayer, lots of reading concerning current guidelines, and with lots of conversation. We recognize that not everyone will be comfortable with our plan as it is laid out here. Our hope is that by communicating these plans, you can make the best decision for yourself and your family as to whether you choose to worship in person or continue to worship online. We believe that Christ is present whether you are in the sanctuary or in your easy chair at home.
- 9am: There will be a 15-25 minute Zoom Sunday School lesson for children split into two age groups that may include a song, a Bible story, other activities, and some sharing time. It would end in time for families to come to worship if they choose.
- 10am: We will hold one indoor in-person service utilizing the Sanctuary and Parrish Hall (as needed). We will have communion at these services. This decision has been made based on attendance at worship in the park this summer and with our capacity in the building. We will be following all guidelines brought forth to us by the state. We anticipate that the service will be about 45 minutes. People should not come to church earlier than 9:30, please. We will continue to live stream and record worship as we have been doing this summer.
- 11am: Adult Sunday School will be held in the sanctuary or in the community center for a limited number of participants and with the option to join via Zoom or watch on Facebook (or YouTube) like we have done in the past.
- We recognize that travel time may cause some issues with this schedule but this is a starting point and will likely evolve as the weeks progress.
Specific Plans for Worship:
- We encourage anyone who is high risk, anyone who does not feel comfortable with the worship plans, or anyone with the following symptoms: fatigue, headache, muscle aches, sore throat, nasal congestion, runny nose or fever, to continue worshipping from home.
- We will need people to RSVP for worship so that we can plan each week for the number of people who are planning to attend. (We don’t want to have to turn people away because of capacity issues.)
- We will have someone screening all people entering the building for fever. If they have a temperature of 100 or higher they will not be allowed to enter.
We will have a clear seating plan for the sanctuary and parish hall (if attendance warrants) with diagrams of how people are to enter/exit the space. Parish hall worshippers would enter through the parish hall outside door. Sanctuary participants would enter through the main doors. This eliminates cross traffic and allows for physical distancing
Worshippers will be seated from the front of the sanctuary to the back of the sanctuary and in the balcony as they arrive. This will be necessary to maintain physical distancing. (You probably won’t get to sit in “your spot.”
Masks are required to be worn by parishioners at all times except when taking communion.
Hand sanitizer will be available for people to clean their hands as they enter and exit the sanctuary.
Pastors and singers will be allowed to remove their mask while singing or speaking. Singers will be placed in the choir area and will be more than 27’ from the first row of worshippers.
We will be limiting the amount of singing during worship but will be looking for creative ways to enhance our worship with music and art.
We will continue to print bulletins for those attending worship and adding the words to the livestream as we are currently doing. The parish hall (if needed) will have a “live worship feed” from the sanctuary.
We will continuing to stream the service online via YouTube and post recordings on Vimeo and Youtube and post the sermon to Podbean.
We will offer opportunities for individuals and families to receive communion who do not feel comfortable coming with the larger group to worship. This special service will be held by sign up and will probably not occur every week. You will be able to sign up in groups of 10 to come to the church for a brief communion service probably late on Sunday afternoon.
If enough people attend worship so that we seat people in the parish hall, we will have a pastor in the parish hall to lead the communion liturgy so that parishioners in both spaces feel like they are an important part of worship.
- We will need several people who are trained to take the temperatures of those arriving for worship.
- We will need front desk volunteers to monitor people coming into the building as worship is taking place.
- We will need ushers to help people get seated and also to dismiss people once the service has ended so that we maintain proper physical distancing guidelines.
- We need help with creating the seating plan and traffic flow plans for the building.
- We will be looking for musicians who are willing to record music during the week that can then be added into the service on Sunday morning.
- As our plans grow and change during the fall, we may have other volunteer opportunities as well.
Children's Zoom Sunday School
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Adult Sunday School with Pastor Tom
11:15 AM - 12:00 AM
Videos and Podcasts
Links will be sent out from our morning service as soon as they are ready.
Parents & Confirmation Zoom Meeting
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Daytimer's Bible Study
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
High Schoolers & Parents Zoom Meeting
6:30 PM - 7:30pm PM
Mon - Thurs, 10am - 12:00pm
4445 Royal Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402