Following the Risen One
Community Worship to Follow God in the Way of Jesus
The 8:30 service follows a traditional Lutheran order of service, derived from the Evangelical Lutheran Worship hymnal. The organ provides main accompaniment to the choir, with the occasional piano-led piece. We generally stick to well-known hymns, but try to introduce more unfamiliar pieces on a regular basis. Holy Communion is served on the First and Third Sundays of the month.
The 11:00 (10:00 in the summer) service follows a more ‘relaxed’ liturgy, streamlined and spoken instead of sung. Worship music is led by a full band, anchored by our Contemporary Music Coordinator, Tommy Parker. A variety of modern musical styles are incorporated, drawing from the best of modern praise music and rearrangements of favorite hymns.
Sunday Adult Education
Adult Education is held on Sunday mornings at 9:45am in the community center. Click here to learn more.
During the school year, we hold Sunday School for kiddos. In between worship services at 9:45am, Bethesda’s children can participate in arts, crafts, songs, and education. Click here to learn more about our Youth Programs.
- Traditional Worship, 8:30am
- Fellowship & Coffee/Goodies, 9:45am (except during summer)
- Adult Education & Sunday School for Kids, 9:45am (except during summer)
- Contemporary Worship, 11am (10am during the summer)
- The Sunday following Christmas Day, we combine for one worship service at 10am.
- We hold one combined outdoor service per month during July and August. The August event will be followed by a potluck BBQ, Games, Live Music, and more.
Worship Staff & Lay Leaders
Our services wouldn’t be possible without a great team of dedicated individuals:
- Maxine Coburn, Traditional Music Coordinators & Jubilee Bells Director
- Ron LaMarche, Assistant Traditional Music Coordinator
- Tommy Parker, Contemporary Music Coordinator
- Charleynne Gates, Organist
- Deanna Rivera, Communications Coordinator
- Martin Taekker, Volunteer Usher Coordinator
- Amber Coburn & Karen Jorgensen, Volunteer Altar Guild Coordinators
- Carol Rhodes, Traditional Worship Assistants Coordinator
- Ardelle Howell, Contemporary Worship Assistants Coordinator
Service Opportunities During Worship
Want to get involved? Here are a few ways you can dive in:
- Join the choir
- Join the contemporary music team – weekly or monthly
- Sign up to be a reader for the Scripture readings
- Sign up to be a greeter to welcome worshipers
- Sign up to serve communion
- Sign up to be an usher
- Join our Altar Guild
- Donate Altar Flowers
- Help with fellowship between services or bring goodies to share
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 3:00pm
(During the summer, 10:00am - 2:00pm)
4445 Royal Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402