Adult Education Opportunities
This name change underlines a renewed focus on coming together for mutual insight and support. Adult Forum this Fall will go hand-in-hand with our congregational visioning season. And a new “Hospitality Cart” ensures you can refill your coffee without leaving the action!
Every Sunday at 10:45am
Date | Topic/Event
October 1 | Mapping our Mission: Charting a New Course for Bethesda
October 8 | “Calling all Crew” Meetings in multiple locations
October 15 |“Calling all Crew” Meetings in multiple locations
October 22 |“Calling all Crew” Meetings in multiple locations
October 29 | Trunk or Treat Work Party, with lunch
November 5, 12, 19, 26 | “Building the Ship” The Church under God’s Commission.
December 3 | Newcomers
December 10 | Newcomers
12/17, 12/24, 12/31 | Not Meeting Over the Holidays
Daytimer’s Bible Study
Meets every Thursday at 11am in the Creation Room with Pastor Tom. We currently have about 11-14 participants, covering a lively range of perspectives. You don’t need to be a Bible expert to fit right in!
We are just getting underway with a study of the Book of Job, one of the world’s most profound reflections on the problem of evil and suffering, and the action of God in the midst of all that takes place.
Thursdays – 11:00am
Date Study | Texts
October 5 | Book of Job
October 12 | Book of Job
October 19 | Book of Job
October 26 | Sunday Readings (Pr. Tom away)
November 2 | Book of Job
November 9 | Book of Job
November 16 | Book of Job
November 23 | Not Meeting on Thanksgiving
November 30 | TBD
December 7 | TBD
December 14 | TBD
12/21, 12/28 | Not Meeting Over the Holidays
Here’s a snapshot of what makes this Bible Study unique…
- We call our method “Drawing on the Text”
- We study the upcoming Sunday texts
- The readings are printed on 11×17 paper with large margins so there is plenty of room to draw, underline, doodle and make notes on the text
- After a brief intro, we spend the first few minutes in personal reading and prayer with background worship music
- This personal time makes our discussions all the richer with questions and insights from the group
- Pr. Tom prepares additional insights to the texts, but this is not a lecture heavy method
- We represent a diversity of backgrounds, theologies and levels of biblical knowledge. There is a place for anyone.
Monday- Thursday 9am-1pm
4445 Royal Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402