From Cradle to Commencement; A Great Place to Be a Kid!
We love young people here at Bethesda! In a recent survey, Bethesda members said the #1 thing we do well here is love and support youth and children. Our Youth Programs provide a way for children and teens to grow their faith and friendships.
These four legs support the “Welcome Table” for youth:
- Staff: Every pastor is a youth programs pastor! Pastor Tom oversees Confirmation and High School Youth Ministries and Pastor Sarah oversees Children’s Ministries.
- Volunteers: Many adults volunteer on a weekly, or regular basis with our Middle and High School youth programs.
- Youth Ministry Team: A team of parents, volunteers, and staff meets regularly to carry the vision and support of Bethesda’s youth programs.
- Supportive Congregation: Bethesda’s people are committed to praying for youth, including them in worship, providing leadership opportunities, and giving generously to subsidize every trip or retreat experience, so that no one will be turned away for lack of money.
We offer a great Sunday school program for children every Sunday during the school year at 9:45am. Our teaching staff has experience, passion, and simply loves kids!
Generally, little kids meet in classrooms downstairs, middle school kids meet in in the Narnia room upstairs, and high schoolers meet in the Duck/Beaver room upstairs.
Something For Parents
We always have education or fellowship options for parents to check out while their young ones are in class. Learn more about Adult Education.
Messy Church is for everyone! Led by Pastor Sarah, we will gather on the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 5:00-7:00pm (with monthly exceptions) to do a variety of fun activities. There will always be a free dinner for anyone who comes. We’ll learn about the Bible while doing activities and crafts related to what we learn. This is a great way to get the family together mid-week for a spiritual (and fun!) evening.
Parents: we’d love for you to participate as well! This is a monthly event for the whole family. However, if you can’t make it, we’d be more than happy to have just your kiddos. See you there!
RSVP to this month’s Messy Church here.
Our Middle School Confirmation program meets Wednesdays during the school year, 6:30 – 8:00pm, in the Duck/Beaver Room. There is also an optional fast food dinner before Confirmation at 5:30pm. Pastor Tom is the point person for Middle School ministries, but this is a team effort involving several adult volunteers.
Confirmation is a tradition in the Lutheran church that encourages young people to “confirm” or “say yes” to Jesus as a response to all God has already done in their lives. Our aim is to support students towards a growing faith in Jesus. We do this through instruction, discussion, Bible study, use of media, journaling, and our mentor program.
Last Confirmation of School Year: Our school-year finale will be May 22 with a bbq in the church park!
Annual Middle School Summer Trip: Confirmation Seattle trip 2019 is from July 25-28. Sign up soon, there are only a few spots left!
High School Youth Group meets every Thursday during the school year, 6:30 – 8:00pm, in the Parsonage Home. This is a great time to get involved and help shape the future. Each meeting involves worship, Bible study, games, and free time. Pastor Tom leads the youth group with a wonderful team of volunteers and is always looking for caring adults to join the effort.
Last Youth Group Meetings of This School Year:
• May 9 we will meet at Willamette’s auditorium at 6:30 to support Emily and Josh in their performance of Peter Pan at 7pm. Tickets are about $5.
• May 16 we will meet at the church kitchen to bake cinnamon rolls to sell on Sunday, May 19.
• May 23 will be our school-year finale, with a bonfire at the Kinnamans.
Annual High School Summer Trip: The 2019 Los Angeles Mission Trip is coming up from June 22-29. Registration is now open. Two spots remain!
Senior Brunch: Sunday, June 2 we will host a senior brunch and graduate blessing. The brunch will be 9:45 in the community center and the blessing will be during the 11:00 worship service. We are so glad to celebrate you and ask God’s blessing on your future endeavors!
Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 3:00pm
(During the summer, 10:00am - 2:00pm)
4445 Royal Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402