2023 Advent Season & Christmas
Let Bethesda be your second home during the holiday season.
You are welcome to every single thing we do here! Come to one event or many! You will be welcome with open arms.
Advent Begins December 3!
The wonderful time of advent is beginning December 3! Beginning December 6, we will hold mid-week services and are planning special activities on those evenings. Please stay tuned for more information to come. Also, we will hold a regular service AND a candlelight service at 4:30pm on Christmas Eve (which is also the 4th Sunday of Advent this year). We will also have a service on Christmas Day as well as our service of Lessons and Carols on Sunday, December 31. We will need volunteers throughout the season to help with services and activities. Contact Pastor Tom if you are interested in helping! We want this to be a wonderful time for inviting friends, family, strangers to be a part of Advent. The Advent Season encourages us to contemplate how we can ready our hearts and households for the arrival of Christ in our contemporary world. During this period, we will come together to reflect on the genuine significance of Jesus’ birth through prayer, thoughtful moments, uplifting music, and acts of kindness.
Holden Evening Prayer
Mid-week Services at 7pm in the Sanctuary and Live Streamed.
This is a half-hour service of song to celebrate the Advent season. It is beautiful, peaceful, and a wonderful way to center during the busy weeks of December. Holden evening prayers will take place on December 6th, 13th, and 20th.
Christmas & Christmas Eve
On Christmas Eve, we have 3 different candlelight worship times, 4:30pm, 6:30pm, and 10:30pm. On Christmas morning we have one special service at 9:30am.
Each year, we sponsor 20+ neighborhood families through our Giving Tree. They are selected by local Bethel school counselors. Every family receives presents for each child, a gift card to WinCo, and other goodies.
Here’s How to Help Now!
• Sponsor a Family! Any amount will do but if you want to sponsor a family, $300 will cover a family with 2 kids and $500 will cover a family with 4 kids or more!
• Donate Items. Bags of candy, games, books, gift cards, blankets. We use these to fill in gaps or bring an extra smile. Please bring only new things. Bring to church marked “Giving Tree”.
• Volunteer to Shop! As soon as we have families, we will assign you shopping to do. We have donated money you can shop with, or you can donate the gifts you buy.
Email Deanna if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate These Things Any Time (New Items Only Please):
• Bags of candy
• Board and Card games
• Gift cards to Winco, Putters, Movies, Defy or Get Air, Bowling, Camp Putt, or anything fun for families.
• Squishmallows or Stuffies
• Kids Coats or Sweatshirts of all sizes
• Socks, Underwear of all sizes (no tight-y white-ys)
• Winter hats and gloves of all sizes
Thank you! Giving Tree will be up in the entryway starting the week of Thanksgiving!
See Live Stream Links To All Of Our Holiday Services Below
Monday- Thursday 9am-1pm
4445 Royal Avenue
Eugene, OR 97402